Litigation Paralegal Position
The candidate will support a team of 4-5 attorneys in all stages of case management, from inception through disposition/trial and will take ownership of ad hoc projects as they occur. The candidate should be a self-starter and willing to get involved and thrive in a fast paced environment.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Strong management, organizational, communication and writing skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Knowledge and experience with electronic filing in State and Federal Courts
· Strong MS Office Skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel) (Knowledge of Microsoft Table of Contents and Authorities a plus)
· Strong typing skills
· Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic
· Notary Public (or willing to obtain license)
· Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and discretion
· Manage incoming correspondence (emails, mail) and upload same in case database.
· Maintain electronic case databases, run searches on databases.
· Assist in preparation of discovery demands, responses and production of documents.
· Prepare, serve and manage document and deposition subpoenas.
· Assist with drafting of stipulations, cover letters, affidavits of service, etc.
· Prepare for depositions, hearings and trials
· Manage attorneys’ appearance calendar for all attorneys – motions, conferences, arguments.
· Contact NY Courts to obtain information pertaining to case and judges’ rules when necessary.
· Conduct research in NY regulatory authorities.
· Submit FOIL requests, follow up
· Prepare and file pleadings, motions and relevant documents in paper format or by utilizing courts electronic filing.
· Preparation of service copies of motions, pleadings, demands, correspondence and serve in timely manner.
· Occasionally render support in administrative departments.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is now accepting applications for a paralegal position.
By uniting many of the best real estate attorneys of our generation, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has become one of New York’s most prominent real estate law firms. The firm excels by solely practicing real estate law and only taking on projects and cases where it is among the best in the field. Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has achieved groundbreaking results in the courtroom, in the board room, at the closing table, in the lobbies of legislative bodies, and in every other venue where talented legal advocacy is key to its clients’ interests.
The paralegal role works litigation in the Supreme Court department. The position’s essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to; preparing & filing pleadings and motions; assisting attorneys with any task assigned; case management and trial preparation; and drafting legal documents and other client/court correspondences.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has made Crain’s Best Places to Work List three times in the last six years. Out of our last five paralegals, in the last 10 years, four of them have gone on to Ivy or top 50 law schools after completing their two year term. All of these paralegals credit the law firm training for not only assisting them in law school but raising their LSAT score to the highest levels.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. invites you to visit our testimonial page via our website to see for yourself what makes Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. one of the best places to work!
Benefits include: Subsidized Health Insurance, Free Dental Cleanings and Vision Check-ups, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(K) plan.
In our quest to continue being one of the best places to work, the Firm provides tickets for sporting events, Broadway shows, and concerts throughout the year.
To apply please provide a cover letter and resume to Csilla Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org