We choose the most talented applicants. When interviewing candidates for these positions, we look to see whether they have the potential to be great at our firm. Once we hire someone, the training, mentoring and teaching never stops. We strive for greatness in everything we do and expect our interns to do the same. We encourage you to express your opinions and share your ideas to improve our work.
The Best Externship/Internship Program in the Country
No law firm in New York has produced a better internship and externship program in the country and this is proven by the number of attorneys who started as interns and then summer associates and many years later are the leading attorneys in their profession. Many of these attorneys have received the highest law firm awards, including Best Law Firm by Best Lawyers, Leading Real Estate Lawyer for Chambers USA, nine Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and highest possible ranking in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell. For our size, we have more externs that became full time attorneys and then Super Lawyers than any other firm in the country.
- Over 80 percent of our externs either received full time employment with our firm or we assisted in placing with the judiciary or finding other employment with another law firm.
- In the past five years, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has hired nine law school interns full-time after graduation.
- More than half our attorneys, including several partners, are under the age of 40.
- We have more externs that become full-time attorneys and then Super Lawyers than any other firm in the country
Our interns become lawyers in training and are part of the legal team and learn on the case or deal. Being assigned to active cases and made part of the team has given externs and interns the ability to produce amazing results. Only the very best law school students will make it at Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. as we are considered among the best, if not the best, real estate law firm in New York City. Because Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. practices only one type of law, all of our associates rapidly become experts. Our externs never make coffee or copies. We have exciting cases that require hard work and sweat as well as the smartest most aggressive, passionate, loyal and committed students who are ready to change the world one real estate case at a time. Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has some of the most challenging and most high profile cases in the nation where staff expertise really does make a difference for the client, the community and, sometimes, the nation.
Interns will participate in a wide range of tasks that may include conducting case investigation, legal research, and discovery; meeting with clients and experts; and preparing memoranda, briefs, and other legal documents for administrative, judicial and transactional proceedings.
Why the Best Law School Graduates Choose Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Over Larger Law Firms
- During the financial crisis, instead of layoffs, we increased by 20 percent the number of attorneys we have on staff.
- The opportunity to make more money: all attorneys starting as first year associates participate in our firm-wide revenue sharing where each attorney receives a third of their billing that the firm collects.
- 100 percent of attorneys with the firm since our first hiring class made partner during or before their 8th year at the firm. All of these partners are women, one of whom, while pregnant, made partner, and very shortly thereafter went on maternity leave.
- We consistently win Best Place to Work awards because of our benefits focusing on improving employees’ talents and personal lives. We understand the importance of nutrition (our offices are always stocked with healthy fruits and foods) and the importance of exercise (we pay for 80 percent of gym memberships). We teach how to dress for success by educating on persuasive clothes and buying new attorneys their first suit.
- Turnover is almost nonexistent and when we do lose an employee in some cases it is to go in house at one of our clients.
- A notable magazine has reported that our attorneys and staff have the highest level of job satisfaction.
- Our revenue has grown each year, even during the downturns, with an average growth of 22% per year since 2006. Although we cannot predict the future, our reserve fund structure should assist us in handling any rainy days in the future.
If you believe you can rise above challenges please submit your cover letter or video, resume, transcript, as many writing samples as you have as well as anything else that will show us your talents. Send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently accepting applications for fall, spring, and summer externs/interns in their first, second, and third year in law school in the top of their classes.