Thomas Furst is an attorney at law at the firm where he focuses on leasing, purchase and sales, mortgage finance, and construction law.
Mr. Furst has been a practicing real estate attorney for over thirty years and brings his extensive knowledge and experience to the transactional department after over 17 years with a prestigious international firm. Prior to that, he worked as a real estate associate in two other well-known firms in New York City, and handled real estate and corporate matters at an Ontario firm as well. He is familiar with acquisitions and sales, commercial leasing, loan agreements (borrower and lender representation), bank representation in connection with tax-exempt financing, construction contracts and architect’s agreements, and other real estate-related litigation and corporate matters.
Some samples from Mr. Furst’s extensive list of representations include:
- National bank in connection with mortgage loans to cogeneration and other industrial development companies
- Theological seminary in a 999-year lease of a New York City property to a well-known university
- Major newspaper publishing company in multiple sales, financing, and purchase of commercial and industrial properties, including sale leasebacks
- Multiple-dwelling developers in connection with the assemblage of development projects and negotiation of acquisition and financing documents
- Computer tech expert in the sale of a half-interest in several Long Island City buildings and 1031 investments in large multi-family projects
- Medical society in complex leasing and financing negotiations over several years, enabling them to maintain ownership of their HQ building
- High net worth individuals in connection with purchases, sales, and financing of single family dwellings, cooperatives, and condominiums and real estate exchanges.
Mr. Furst was admitted to the New York state bar in 1984, after earning his law degree from the University of Toronto, his MBA from the University of Michigan, and his Bachelor of Commerce degree from McGill University. He was featured in Absolute magazine as a top real estate attorney in New York.