Dedicated to Being the Best Firm in New York
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is dedicated to being the best real estate law firm in New York, but the only way to achieve such a goal is to staff our team with the most audacious and motivated employees. In fact, much of our visible success is owed to the recruitment of some of the finest professionals and paraprofessionals in the real estate and legal industries. Our staff works as a sole unit to provide the highest quality legal analysis, drafting, and advocacy while providing absolutely unrivaled client care. As aggressive as Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is in the courtroom and the negotiating table, we are equally as aggressive in staffing for our clients’ long term needs and goals to make sure we have the sharpest and most seasoned minds ready to handle any and every matter that is brought to us. We maintain training programs that keep our employees well versed in their area of expertise and whether it be training high school interns or creating partnerships with competing firms we work tirelessly to build the strongest and most competent employees in New York. As a result, interns and externs at Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. have gone on to become highly respected members of the real estate legal community.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. by the Numbers
1. Named Crain’s Best Places to Work: 2010, 2012, 2016, 2017, & 2018
2. Percentage of attorneys have been with the firm for over a decade: 63%
3. Percentage of attorneys have been with the firm since they graduated school: 17%
4. Number of attorneys let go during the 2008 Financial Crisis or the 2020 Coronavirus Crisis: 0
5. Number of years the firm has been in business: 20
6. Numbers of attorneys fired or let go since the firm opened because of budget cuts or because the firm was not doing well: 0
Learn about the charity founded by Adam Leitman Bailey to assist underserved communities here: Building Foundations & Dreams
Read about how Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. responded to its employees during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic here: ALBPC Pandemic Response
Greatness Equals Equality
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is founded on the fundamental principle of universal equality enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, the principle that greatness is blind to race, color, creed, ethnicity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, and all other forms of differentiation.
As we continue our quest to build the best real estate law firm in New York’s history, we embrace and celebrate the diversity of both the staff and the pool of talent available to us.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. believes that greatness includes passion, love for the law, devotion to our clients’ mission and the inner compulsion to let no matter rest until our clients’ goals have been achieved.
1. No New York law firm matches Adam Leitman Bailey P.C.’s compensation model. Hour by hour we pay more than any other law firm.
2. Every attorney receives at least one-third of the amount billed and collected.
3. If the attorney brings in a client, the attorney receives more than one-third of the amount billed.
4. Every firm attorney knows exactly how much they are being paid without having to wait for their quarterly report to the dollar each day.
5. No attorney has ever asked for a raise.
6. No attorney is required to bring in any business.
7. We have had associates who have made over a million dollars a year.
8. We traditionally have the lowest turnover rate of any firm. Period.
How Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Pays More
Although everyone receives a paycheck each pay period, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is the only law firm in New York City that provides an individualized revenue sharing program. Our program allows every attorney at our firm – partners and associates alike – to have the opportunity to be placed among the highest earning attorneys in New York. Rather than by seniority our attorneys’ pay is determined by their diligence and work ethic.
In addition to the revenue sharing program, our attorneys are able to make supplementary revenue based on the amount of business they bring in. When an attorney at any level brings in new business they will receive a percentage of that new business, on top of the compensation revenue program described below.
Here’s how it works: Every attorney at the firm receives one-third of their collected billable time and any attorney who brings in business will receive a higher amount to be negotiated.
Scenario 1: Assuming a $700/hr billing rate, a senior attorney billing 2,500 hours per year would bill $1.75 million. Assuming a collections rate of 94% (our rate in 2018), the firm would collect $1.645 million ($1.75 million x .94). The attorney would earn one-third of this amount, total compensation of $548,333.
Scenario 2: Assuming the same $700/hr billing rate x 2,000 billed hours per year, total billings would be $1.4 million. Assuming a collections rate of 94%, the firm would collect $1.316 million ($1.4 million x .94). The attorney would earn one-third of this amount, total compensation of $438,667.
Scenario 3: Assuming a $525/hr billing rate for a junior attorney billing 2,000 hours per year, the amount billed would be $1.05 million. Assuming a collections rate of 94%, the firm would collect $987k ($1.05 million x .94). The attorney would earn one-third of this amount, total compensation of $329,000.
These examples demonstrate how our revenue sharing program results in our attorneys receiving higher compensation than most attorneys at other New York law firms, without needing to have a book of business.
For those attorneys who do bring in business the amount of money they receive is increased by the amount of business brought in.
When choosing from our pool of applicants we first look to see if each candidate has the potential to succeed and become great at our firm. Once hired, the training, mentoring, and educating never stops. Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. strives for greatness in everything we do and we expect that all of our staff – from our senior attorneys to our interns – aspires to do the same.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is looking for attorneys in the following areas:
• Litigators with trial experience – 5 or more years experience
• Tax Certiorari – 10 years experience
• Zoning and Land Use – 5 years experience
We accept applications for all attorney positions and externships on an ongoing basis. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and any additional materials to Carly Clinton at CClinton@alblawfirm.com.
• For litigators, please include anything else that may demonstrate your talents and qualifications including, but not limited to, writing samples, depositions, and trial transcripts.
• For transactional attorneys, please provide any other information relevant to your experience.
• If you are applying for a legal externship or are a recent graduate, also include your school transcripts. Read More about the program.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. is looking for professional staff in the following areas:
• Marketing Coordinator – Read more about this position
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and any additional materials to Maria Ferrugia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Internship / Externship / Summer Associate
We choose the most talented applicants. When interviewing candidates for these positions, we look to see whether they have the potential to be great at our firm. Once we hire someone, the training, mentoring and teaching never stops. We strive for greatness in everything we do and expect our interns to do the same. We encourage you to express your opinions and share your ideas to improve our work.
The Best Externship/Internship Program in the Country
No law firm in New York has produced a better internship and externship program in the country and this is proven by the number of attorneys who started as interns and then summer associates and many years later are the leading attorneys in their profession. Many of these attorneys have received the highest law firm awards, including Best Law Firm by Best Lawyers, Leading Real Estate Lawyer for Chambers USA, nine Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers and highest possible ranking in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell. For our size, we have more externs that became full time attorneys and then Super Lawyers than any other firm in the country.
Our interns become lawyers in training and are part of the legal team and learn on the case or deal. Being assigned to active cases and made part of the team has given externs and interns the ability to produce amazing results. Only the very best law school students will make it at Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. as we are considered among the best, if not the best, real estate law firm in New York City. Because Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. practices only one type of law, all of our associates rapidly become experts. Our externs never make coffee or copies. We have exciting cases that require hard work and sweat as well as the smartest most aggressive, passionate, loyal and committed students who are ready to change the world one real estate case at a time. Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has some of the most challenging and most high profile cases in the nation where staff expertise really does make a difference for the client, the community and, sometimes, the nation.
Interns will participate in a wide range of tasks that may include conducting case investigation, legal research, and discovery; meeting with clients and experts; and preparing memoranda, briefs, and other legal documents for administrative, judicial and transactional proceedings.
Why the Best Law School Graduates Choose Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Over Larger Law Firms
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Has Received a Number of Press and Media Mentions for Our Workplace Culture and Expertise
• Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Wins Crain’s Best Places to Work Award Five Times This Decade (Click Here)
• Chambers Associate Features Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. in 2019 Student Guide (Click Here)
• Chambers Associate Features Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. in 2018-19 Guide (Click Here)
• Chambers Associate Features Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. in 2017-2018 Guide (Click Here)
• Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Provides Free Closings for all Employees (Click Here)
• The Wall Street Journal Article Associate Perk of the Week: “Persuasive” Ties and Brooks Brothers Suits (Click Here)
• The Huffington Post Why We Do Not Hire Law School Graduates from the Ivy League Schools (Click Here)
• Adam Leitman Bailey Discusses His Merit Based Compensation Program with Score New York (Click Here)
• Will Sports Help Women Win the Business World? (Click Here)
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has been named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City
There’s no secret sauce behind what earned this year’s honorees a spot on the 12th annual Crain’s ranking of the city’s Best Places to Work. The two most important factors were that employees feel valued and have confidence in their organization’s leadership. That mutual respect is clearly Priority No. 1—but other great perks don’t hurt.
To compile the ranking, Crain’s again partnered with Best Companies Group, an independent research firm. More than 20,000 city employees were surveyed with a 76-question form that delved into workplace experience and culture. Survey results were processed by BCG into measures representing three-quarters of each firm’s overall score. The remaining 25% came from an employer survey focusing on benefits, policies and human resources practices.
The winning companies once again are broken down by the size of their city-based workforce, with a minimum of 25 local workers required for inclusion. In the list of small companies, the top-ranking firm is Kinnek, a marketplace for small businesses to find suppliers and manage purchasing. Leading the midsize division is Cockroach Labs, a cloud-based database platform. Topping the large-company ranking is Clune Construction, a Chicago-based general contractor with a major New York presence.
The list is full of advertising technology firms, but dozens of other industries are well represented. Seven law firms emerge from the city’s robust legal sector, and accounting and wealth management count three firms apiece. Construction, consulting and health care industries also have strong showings.
Even when whittled down to the city’s top 100 workplaces, the diversity of the local economy shines through.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has been named one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City, the only real estate firm to have won five times since 2010. ALBPC placed #7 in the small business category.
• 2010: https://www.alblawfirm.com/honors-awards/best-workplace/
• 2012: https://www.alblawfirm.com/honors-awards/best-workplace-2/
• 2016: https://www.alblawfirm.com/honors-awards/adam-leitman-bailey-p-c-called-the-brass-ring-for-attorneys-by-crains-best-places-to-work/
• 2017: https://www.alblawfirm.com/honors-awards/crains-2017/
• 2018: https://www.alblawfirm.com/honors-awards/crains-top-10-2018/