As one of New York’s premier real estate litigation firms, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. has participated and prevailed in many of the most important New York real estate cases of the new millennium, as reflected in numerous published and unpublished decisions on novel legal issues. Our attorneys have won over a thousand cases in the courts of New York state, including State Supreme, Housing, Civil and Federal courts in addition to over 250 appellate court cases, many at New York’s highest court, the Court of Appeals.
Some of these notable victories include:
- Lorne v. 50 Madison Avenue LLC, Making new law, the Appellate Division finds that condo board not liable for repairing newly constructed building and finds that obligation to repair remains with sponsor; Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. victorious at trial level and appeal
- Hartman v. Goldman, an adverse possession case of first impression before New York’s Appellate Division
- 542 East 14th Street v. Lee, a case of first impression before New York’s Appellate Division defining expansion of rent regulation law for non-primary residence cases
- Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act Cases, turned a forgotten federal statute into a way to void the contracts of sales for buildings over 100 units resulting in hundreds of settlement and court victories.
- Trump Soho Association v. Bayrock/Sapir Organization LLC, Donald J. Trump, Trump International Hotels Management LLC, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump, where Adam Leitman Bailey prevailed in a settlement providing millions of dollars to clients based on fraud claims under the Federal Securities Law. This has become a “watershed case” in condo litigation;
- Sky View Parc Purchasers Association, et al. v. FTC Residential Company II, L.P., Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. lands largest condominium settlement in New York history;
- Rivas v. McDonnell, a noteworthy Appellate Division decision involving an interpretation of the recording statute;
- Chin v. Chan, where Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. prevails at trial using a novel legal theory invalidating contract to purchase commercial property;
- Save Harlem Association v. KIMCO Realty Corporation, where Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. used victory in court, proposing legislation, conducting rallies and mobilizing political support and media attention to obtain winning settlement for the Save Harlem Association;
- Stalker v. Stewart Tenants, where Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. achieves winning settlement on behalf of coop sellers in landmark housing discrimination case;
- Sykes v. RFD Third Avenue One Associates, where Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. breaks new legal ground with appellate victory for attorneys’ fees on a stipulation
- Million Gold Realty Co. v. S.E. & K. Corp., where Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. prevails at trial and on appeal in complicated commercial lease litigation setting the law for when dual right of first refusals given to two commercial tenants in building;
- Crave Crane Accident Case, Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Lands Largest Settlement in New York History for a Restaurant Opened Less Than Seven Months
- Kahn v. 230-79 Equity Inc., Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Wins Case of First Impression: Cooperatives required to do repairs despite shareholder’s alleged responsibility in corporate documents
“IMO the best real estate attorney in NYC, our attorney, Adam Leitman Bailey. Without him, the new Crave may have never reopened. This article shows our case @ #2 and his other notable recent legal victories…….Thanks Adam!”
“Adam Leitman Bailey proved that he was the most efficient pitbull and a great negotiator.” – B.O.
“I was able to continue our dream of opening another restaurant.” -D.A.
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Wins Case of First Impression: Cooperatives required to do repairs despite shareholder’s alleged responsibility in corporate documents
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C.’s “Watershed Case” Changes Condominium Development
To Glimpse the Future, View the Past
Sky View Parc Purchasers Association, et al v FTC Residential Company II, L.P.
Crave Crane Accident
Restaurant Destroyed By ’08 Turtle Bay Crane Collapse Wins Another Settlement
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Lands Largest Settlement in New York History for a Restaurant Opened Less Than Seven Months
Donald Trump Settled a Real Estate Lawsuit
Panel Upholds Unsealing of Settlements in Crane Case
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C.’s Victories Named 4 Out of 8 Biggest Cases of 2011
Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. Achieves Winning Settlement On Behalf Of Coop Sellers In Landmark Housing Discrimination Case
Squeri v. East 51st Street Development
Chan v Shew Foo Chin Appellate Decision
Chan v Chin Published Decision
Sykes v RFD Third Avenue One Associates